2015年7月30日木曜日

Being a mother

Yesterday, I had a talk with my son and his teacher. After hearing what the teacher has to say and all of his advices to my son, I just end up saying "Son you have the capability of doing what the teacher just said so I guess you just have to do your best."
He replied this way, "I feel annoyed of what you said, mother." The teacher said to me, "Don't worry about what your son said. The teen-agers in his age feel that mothers are annoying." If I was younger, my reaction would be scolding him in front of teacher.
But I guess I've learned and matured to be a better mother. So I just told him that, "The more you hate me, makes me think that I'm doing my job as a mother very well." And the teacher said, "You really are a positive thinker."
It's so hard to raise kids in Japan basically they have a different culture as mine. No matter how hard I try to do it in my country's style, it just doesn't work sometimes.
Before it was so easy for me to cry when something happens but now, not anymore.
I try to look at situations on the different side and if I am capable, think of my children's feelings at the time the situation occured.
Being a mother is difficult and frustrating sometimes but once you overcome the hurdles, I always thank God that He gave me the opportunity to be a mother to my kids.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿