2015年10月26日月曜日

Child Rearing (Sports Festival)

No matter how busy I am, I see to it that I find time to see the activities of my kids in school. But what can I do if I really want to see the event and yet my child doesn't want me to come? Let me tell you a story about my son. I'm not really sure what his reason was but since I want to respect his thoughts about it, I've decided not to go to his school events for two years. It was his last year in high school and I asked him if it's alright to go. He said no, he doesn't want me to be there. But I've been contolling myself not to go for two years even if I really wanted to, just for the sake of our relationship not to be complicated. So I told him straight, sorry but I really wanted to go and even you tell me not to, I will go since it's your last year. Do you have a problem with that? And he didn't react badly as I was expecting but these were his words, "Have it your way!!!!". And yes I told him, I'll do that. I readied my video camera and he borrowed the camera. On the day of the event, I asked him what game he is going to participate and he encircled the program. He saw me taking video and he did wave his hand to me. He danced and while I was taking the video he was all smiles. It was kind of weird. When I went home, he asked me whether I saw his great performance in the "cavalry battle". This boy said he doesn't want me to go and yet asking me whether I saw his outstanding effort? Really a weird boy. But maybe I was just lucky that everything turned out well. It has been my policy to say directly what I want to say. To my kids, I let them do this too but always reminding them that they should be very careful on how they say it. I'm basically their mother that should always be respected but can always be a friend if they want to.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿